I was searching for Natural gnat killer that is safe on plants roots and not a sicks based, I found this amazing product, “Growstone Gnat Nix” I decided to give it a try for Fungus Gnat Control mission.
Simply prevents adult emergence from hatching larvae and deters females from laying eggs in the growing media.
How to use Growstone Gnat Nix for Fungus Knat Control:
Put at least 1.5 inches in each of small pots, spread them and make a thin layer.
One bag covered 3 13-inch pots, 4 7-inch, 1 6-inch, 3 4-inch.
Gnat Nix as directed with in 24 hours you’ll go from hundreds fungus gnats to none.
To get the product work really good you have to:
- Common problem solved, a mess with the dirt and the Gnat Control covering: you Have to have a deep layer on top of each and every plant to prevent fall droplets when the wind blows or when someone knocks the table and every time when you water. Or Use a protective mask when pouring to avoid dust. Purchase a face respirator to be safe if you are not sure you can.
- The product give the maximum results if used regularly with a pesticide spray which help killing the flying gnats while Growstone killing the soil gnats. moreover some of those sticky cards for are catching running gnats after hatching which may be escaped from the soil.
- After you use the product, be sure to water your plants from the bottom or you’ll disturb the covering and have the problem again.
- You need to make sure you cover the entire growing median with an inch or so, make sure to pile it around the base of the stock.
- Good for low to medium nat infestations, heavy infested pots should be replaced with Organic Soil.
What plants are you growing?Some plants need to support the soil so that the plant can win in insects war.
Some plants have the ability to repel insects and avoid their intrusive attacks and can be used as a natural repellents such as: Catnip,
Basil – Flies, Mosquitos, Thrips. Plant some near tomato plants for more flavorful tomatoes. Basil is weak against aphids, so plant near some garlic.
Thyme – Cabbage Moth, whiteflies. Thyme oil helps with respiratory and digestive problems in people.
Chives – ants, aphids, fleas, nematodes. Chives are actually a small species of onion. You use the stems for cooking. Plant this herb with carrots. Chives can also be planted amongst rose bushes to defend against the disease Black Spot.
Mint – Cabbage Moths, flies, flees, ants. This herb can grow out of control rather quickly. If you’re more concerned about repelling flying insects, try planting mint in a pot near your vegetables.
Oregano – Mosquitos (can you tell I really don’t like this pest?), Cucumber beetle, Cabbage butterfly. While oregano repels many types of insects, they are susceptible to aphids, spider mites, and leafhoppers. Plant oregano near garlic, onions or chives to protect them from these insects.
Sage – This is an excellent one, because it repels many types of insects. Plus they look nice and don’t have a strong odor, in case you want to place some around the house. Sage can take a long time to grow. I suggest not starting from a seed. Mosquitos, Cabbage Moths, Carrot Fly
Rosemary – They work well in a garden with cucumbers. Carrot Fly, Mexican bean beetle, Mosquitos, Cabbage Moths
Do you have Insects Resist Pesticides? Aphids are common on houseplant insects but fortunately, are easily controlled.
Spider mites are almost impossible to see with the naked eye.
Mealybugs look like little white tufts of cotton so are often mistaken for a disease. Also mealybugs help ants.
The adult whitefly is a small ‘white’ fly. Their control is made more difficult by the fact that they will leave the plant as soon as you try to spray them.
Scale insects often build up to large numbers because they go undetected. These insects are oval, about 3mm in length and look like small brown limpets.Their shell protects them from pesticides which makes their control more difficult.
Scale insects often build up to large numbers because they go undetected. Their shell protects them from pesticides which makes their control more difficult.
Soil insects are noticed when brought to the surface during watering. Adults and larvae of several insects may fly or crawl around on the soil surface. Large populations can cause wilting and poor plant growth due to minor root pruning.
Thrips are very small and hard to see. They are light brown, slender insects,they ‘rasp’ into the leaves to obtain the plants juices, leaving the leaf distorted, with noticeable scars.
So that I found these results “Growstone Gnat Nix”:
- Highly porous and provide high aeration to roots
- 100% recycled and 100% American made
- Not strip-mined like Hydroton and perlite
- Non-toxic and chemical free
- Lightweight, dust-free
- Impossible to overwater
- pH neutral after preparation
- Proven yields
Nothing in the nature is perfect 100% or Organic 100%. I say this for a reason, that is I want you to use your mind to invent solutions, Do not leave your mind in the hands of the dealer. Merchant usually show you the best in his product. Always I am trying to mention problems in each product and write about how to overcome issues with simple solutions, its your turn now to start thinking, write to me if it works.